Wednesday 4 August 2010

"Box" it!

Box is cool... I like it. I like how we can not only share but also work on documents as a team, how simple and easy it is to use. I also like the OpenBox Applications that allow me to share my files easily, by Facebook, gmail etc.

I have just created a folder and invited 3 colleagues to contribute to planning for an upcoming Library week event! Let's see how that goes!!

The only thing I am wary about is the security of my files, although if you opt for the paying subscriptions, system security is higher.

And yes I would promote this to customers, cos many of them ask about saving their files, and we usually say email the doc to yourself! Cos it's 100% portability (assuming internet access is available!)


I would rate Box 8 out of 10!

3 comments:

  1. I like your layout! You've changed it haven't you? I also like that you still allow people like me to choose a 'reaction' :) YAY you're going to use Box.net to plan a Library Week event - I'm SO impressed!! Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad someone likes my new look :)

    Yes watch this space for Box updates... SO far none of my collaborators has checked in yet :'( Do you know if we can access Box.com on our network computers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi de hi - yep we definitely can access Box on our work pcs. The round 2 exercises were all tested from my own work pc. I wanted to ensure that staff could get it, too. The only times that staff will need to access a staff learn.net pc or public learn.net pc is to view the tutorial/information video clips ;)

    ReplyDelete