Wednesday 28 April 2010

What's in a name... Zamzar??

OK so I was supposed to write about how awesome Zamzar is in my 2nd post, but decided to run with another thought...

SO... here is the Zamzar post:


I think Zamzar is a great tool. It's easy to use, you can convert up to 1 Gb for free, you can sign up for a generously sized mailbox etc etc.. And works fine with the more superior and sophisticated  Mac OS X platforms like mine (am I in danger of starting a PC vs Mac argument here?!) cos it's web based.

Will definitely use it next time we get a docx file on certain PCs with older versions of Office on them!

What I thought was MORE interesting is
  •  the LISTwhich Zamzar ended up on, for being the 6th worst application name!
  • the name Zamzar has a literary connection. (Virtual) Chocolate fish to the person who can tell me what it is? (hint: think short story by Bohemian existentialist author,  or just click HERE if you give up!)

So that's my thoughts on Zamzar...

3 comments:

  1. Kafka - but I only know that because I read his stuff as a child. My mother had his books :) I'm a Mac fun who uses a PC (this is where I cry hah). Great post! YAY you for finishing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virtual chocolate fish coming your way! Here CATCH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUSS! Chocolate good is my lifelong philosophy :)

    ReplyDelete